Foremost, we want to extend a heartfelt thank you to our friends who sent messages, emails, and calls the past week. Your continued support is what encourages our family winery to pursue our passion of wine and do what we love to do everyday.
Although our surrounding area was without power due to PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shutoffs throughout October, we thankfully used a backup generator to remain open and fully operating. Working around power outages was simply a minor inconvenience compared to the impact on our neighbors over the mountains in Sonoma County.
Our hearts go out to the affected communities who are experiencing the direct impact of the Kincade fire, and of course to the thousands of first responders who tirelessly worked to keep everyone safe.
As the holiday season draws near, we are reminded of the importance of giving back to those in need. Below is a list of the many ways to help out our friends in Sonoma County and throughout California as well as the firefighters who continue to save wine country from serious damage.
Ways You Can Help California Fire Victims
- Donate to charities supporting wildfire victims. Collecting and sending food, clothing and household items is often not needed. The best way to support disaster victims is with a financial donation, which charities like Red Cross can use for what they need most. Go to redcross.org, call 1-800 RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The California Fire Foundation runs the California Firefighters Benevolent Fund, which provides assistance and support to firefighters who are displaced or impacted by fire or natural disaster. It also helps firefighters who sustain burn injuries in the line of duty. Click here for more information about making a cash donation.
- Drink California wines and encourage your friends and family to do so as well. Buy directly from local wineries when you can.
- Wineries rely on locals and visitors alike, so plan a trip to wine country and help the entire community.
- Buy a bottle of Frank Family Carneros Pinot Noir during the month of November. We will redirect revenue to Feeding America to provide meals to families across the country and in our own community. Click here for more information about our Frank Fights Hunger campaign.