Frank Family’s sparkling Brut Rosé makes for an exceptionally accommodating pairing partner for Chef Christina Machamer’s easy oven roasted salmon dish. It has an unmatched ability to amplify the elegance factor while its racing acidity cuts through the rich, oily layers of the fish with ease, allowing the citrus tarragon flavor to shine through. This pairing is perfect for a springtime dinner, but is also a fun addition to brunch any time of the year.
|1 lb||Fresh salmon|
|1 Stick||Unsalted butter|
|2 Tablespoon||Chopped tarragon|
|1 Tablespoon||orange, lemon, and lime zest|
|1⁄2 teaspoon||Kosher salt|
|1⁄2 teaspoon||Garlic salt|
|1⁄2 teaspoon||Fresh ground black pepper|
- Allow butter to soften to room temperature for a couple hours or overnight.
- Mix herbs, citrus zest, and seasonings into butter until well incorporated.
- Roll butter into a log using double thick layer of plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours or freeze for future use.
- Slice into rounds to place on top of salmon.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place salmon on a sheet tray or cast-iron pan. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper and add desired amount of compound butter. Bake in the oven until cooked through, approximately 10-15 minutes dependent on size and thickness of filet.