Melt hearts this Valentine’s Day with our gourmet twist on the classic campfire s’more. We think there’s no better combination than gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate, and Port macerated blueberries sandwiched between crunchy graham crackers. This recipe is as fun to eat as it is to make, and can be a special activity to do with your sweetheart this February 14.
Chocolate requires wines that can stand up to its intensity like Frank Family’s Zinfandel Port. With ten years of aging, this mature fortified dessert wine demonstrates complex nutty flavors of toffee and hazelnut which helps tame the bitterness of chocolate. This s’more is the perfect treat to match with Frank Family’s Port which hits all the notes of sweet, spicy, smoky, and salty.
Ingredients – Blueberry Port Sauce
|Frank Family Zinfandel Port
|Granulated sugar (depending on how tart/sweet you want it)
|Spices of choice (i.e. ground cloves or cooriander)
Method – Blueberry Port Sauce
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the blueberries start to burst and release theirs juices, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve hot or cold. Blueberry Port sauce should be covered and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Ingredients – S’mores
|Graham cracker, broken in half
|Jumbo marshmallow, roasted
|Chocolate of choice (we prefer Ghirardelli)
|Blueberry Port Sauce (recipe above)
Method – S’mores
- Prep one half of a graham cracker, or your preferred s’more vessel (we also like cookies and stroopwafles), with a square of chocolate and a marshmallow on a baking sheet or cookie tray.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until the marshmallow begins to toast and turn golden in color.
- Remove from the oven, and pour your desired amount of blueberry port sauce over the toasted marshmallow and top with the other half of the graham cracker.
- Squish together and enjoy!