Frank Family’s Zinfandel Port has a rich yet elegant combination of flavors – Maraschino cherry, molten chocolate, toasted hazelnut, toffee, cinnamon, and vanilla – which create an endlessly complex wine that unfolds smoothly and develops on the palette. These beautiful, seasonal flavors make it an ideal match for holiday cocktails.
We particularly love this Christmas Port Punch recipe for a special holiday gathering to enhance our Port’s richness with crisp apple cider, bright citrus, warm cinnamon, and snappy ginger. This recipe yields 10 drinks – perfect for holiday entertaining! To make this punch extra festive, opt for sparkling apple cider instead.
|Frank Family Zinfandel Port
|Fresh squeezed lemon juice
|Ginger simple syrup (see recipe below)
|Sliced apples and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Combine liquid ingredients into a punch bowl or pitcher and stir well.
- Serve with sliced apples and lemons and one large ice cube in cocktail tumblers.
Ginger Simple Syrup
|Sliced fresh ginger root, peeled
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine the sugar and water.
- Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the ginger and continue to heat, bringing the syrup to a light boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool and steep in the covered pan for about 1 hour or until it reaches your preferred taste.
- Strain out the ginger and cool before use.