Whether you’re a lifelong football fan or just in it for the snacks, these jalapeño poppers will take you to victory this Super Bowl Sunday. Filled with rich, creamy cheese and topped with crisp, buttery bread crumbs, these elevated poppers are a winning match for the complimentary flavors, acidity, and mouthfeel of Frank Family’s Carneros Chardonnay.
|Cream cheese, softened
|Shard cheddar cheese, shredded
|Green onions, sliced
|Panko bread crumbs
|Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Wearing gloves, slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, remove the seeds and veins.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, garlic powder, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly in the jalapeños and top with bread crumbs.
- Place them a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the jalapeños are golden and bubbly.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before severing and enjoy!