This cocktail, created by the ladies of Frank Family, tastes like spring in a glass! Pair Frank Family’s elegant, cool-climate Leslie Rosé with a refreshing and floral homemade lavender lemonade for the perfectly easy cocktail to celebrate the warmer months ahead. This recipe is perfect for Mother’s Day, bridal showers, and porch and poolside sipping.
Ingredients – Lavender Lemonade
|1 T||Dried lavender flowers or a small handful of freshly picked and rinsed lavender flowers|
|1 Cup||Granulated sugar|
|2 Cups||Boiling water|
|1 ½ Cups||Freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon)|
|2 Cups||Cold water, plus more as needed|
Ingredients – Rosé Lavender Lemonade Cocktail
|8 oz||Frank Family Leslie Rosé|
|4 oz||Lavender Lemonade (recipe below)|
|2 oz||Sparkling water|
|To taste||Crushed or cubed ice|
Method – Lavender Lemonade
- Cut the lavender flowers from the stems (no need to strip) and place in a medium bowl. Pour the sugar over the flowers and gently rub the flowers into the sugar.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and pour over the lavender sugar and stir with a spoon until the sugar has melted. Cover and let it infuse for at least 30 minutes (or up to several hours).
- Strain the lavender-infused simple syrup and pour into a pitcher.
- Squeeze half of a lemon and stir the juice into the pitcher. Add another 2 cups of cold water. Taste and adjust for tartness. Add more lemon juice if too sweet. Add more sugar if too tart.
NOTE: the lavender lemonade will be diluted more by the rosé and sparkling water when creating the cocktail so keep that in mind when adjusting tartness levels.
Method – Rosé Lavender Lemonade Cocktail
- In a 16 oz cocktail glass, combine rosé, lavender lemonade, and sparkling water over ice.
- Add a thinly sliced lemon and a lavender sprig to the glass for garnish.