Wine cocktails are currently having their moment in the sun, and we’ve enlisted our resident bartender extraordinaire, Frank Family’s Director of Hospitality, Liam Gearity to help us concoct drinks that truly capture the spirit of springtime in Napa Valley.
“We’re all familiar with the adage that April showers bring May flowers, but here in Napa Valley, our ecosystem depends on rain for so much more,” said Liam. Indeed, the rain of the winter and spring months feeds all our plant life, most importantly, the grape vines. As spring becomes summer, gardens around the valley bloom with abundance. Two of spring’s most enjoyable yields-cherries and basil, come together in this effervescent cocktail that highlights our award-winning Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine.
|3 – 4 each||Fresh cherries|
|1 oz||Basil simple syrup|
|4 oz||Frank Family Blanc de Blancs|
|To taste||Ice cubes|
|1 each||Fresh basil leaf, for garnish|
Ingredients: Basil Simple Syrup
|8 – 10 each||Fresh basil leaves|
- In a small pot, bring ½ cup of water to a boil, then add ½ cup of sugar.
- Once the sugar is completely dissolved, turn the burner off and basil leaves. Let the leaves steep in the liquid until cool, about half an hour.
- Strain the leaves out and transfer the syrup into a squeeze bottle.
- Muddle cherries with the basil simple syrup in a tumbler and add ice.
- Pour Blanc de Blancs over ice and garnish with a fresh basil leaf or cherry if desired.